Saturday, March 03, 2007

 

Buddy Holly at the 5th Ave


A group of 34 of us from Trilogy attended the Buddy Holly performance at the 5th Ave in Seattle.
We had a great lunch, meet some new friends and enjoyed this sellout performance with great songs from Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper, Richie Valens and Dion.
Wow us old folks made the place really ROCK !!!!
We finished up the day with dinner at the Nines at the Trilogy golf club.
Tina's Critique: I miss live music. So, I loved being at the Fifth Ave Theatre! I grew up on rock-n-roll. The "Buddy" characters were a little stiff, however the music more than made up for it.
Go see this play because I want to encourage more of this fusion of theatre and music. And because I am just barely "legal" at Trilogy (mid 50's), I grew up on Beatles. Apparently John Lennon copied a lot of Buddy's style. There was one Buddy Holly song where the harmony, the beat, the chords, everything seemed to be cloned to early Beatles. So sad that Buddy didn't live long...he certainly had a great influence on music. Now, about that live music thing, I need to take Raymo to a real rock concert someday. It's all rock n roll to me!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?