Thursday, July 05, 2007
Kirkland

Ray and I went to the travel-club meeting, today. Afterwards, we headed to Kirkland to find some food. We tried an Italian place at Park Place Mall: Mama Lucia’s. Normally, I wouldn’t touch mall food, however, I had walked by a few places there (years ago) and the customers seemed happy, so there we be.
I ordered some pasta which may have been called “Ravioli Rossa”, with Italian sausage and cheese ravioli. I thought it was quite good. I was shocked…we were eating on the Eastside and it was ok! Then, I went next door for desert at Hoffman’s. I was craving something like pattiserie, but I guess a name like Hoffman's is not a good bet for French pastry. (The picture here is from France, not Kirkland.) The chocolate éclair I bought was filled with custard. Atrocious. However, the raspberry tarte was not awful even though it had the very same custard. (Not as good as we will have in Quebec in 2008, but worth eating just the same.) I shall continue my hunt for decent NW patisserie! And, NO! I will not learn to make French pastries….not yet.
I ordered some pasta which may have been called “Ravioli Rossa”, with Italian sausage and cheese ravioli. I thought it was quite good. I was shocked…we were eating on the Eastside and it was ok! Then, I went next door for desert at Hoffman’s. I was craving something like pattiserie, but I guess a name like Hoffman's is not a good bet for French pastry. (The picture here is from France, not Kirkland.) The chocolate éclair I bought was filled with custard. Atrocious. However, the raspberry tarte was not awful even though it had the very same custard. (Not as good as we will have in Quebec in 2008, but worth eating just the same.) I shall continue my hunt for decent NW patisserie! And, NO! I will not learn to make French pastries….not yet.

