Friday, July 06, 2007

 

Raspberries...yummmm


Hey, this is Tina again and I am still feeling pretty darn good. I think my Muslim doctor has saved me. So, today we went to Remlinger Farms and picked some raspberries. We were a little late and we had slim pickins....who let all these Californians into Washington? I kept remembering a Van Gogh painting called "The Gleaners"...not sure about the actual title and I'm eating all the berries as I type, so I'm not looking it up. The Gleaners or The Gleeners? were peasants who went through the fields and reaped the leftover wheat (or some such thing). I have been meaning to pick raspberries for years. And, today I did. I am a raspberry-gleaning peasant (who pays full price). Next week I will get there earlier in the day, and I will not have to pick from the "leftover" berries. (It's surprising how a few months of illness motivates a person to actually get off their boot and do something.) Now back to washing berries...they are only good for about a day...and we mustn't waste our tasty little gems.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?