Sunday, August 24, 2008
(Post from Tina) Olympics


It's been great watching the Olympics in Beijing. The swim races and the last basketball game had me up and clapping. I get so teary-eyed when I hear the national anthem. Second best was when the tv showed a lot of the sites from our tour: Forbidden City, temple shrines, The Great Wall, the lake with the Empress' cement "boat", etc. And, a lot of recent Travel Channel shows are about shopping in China, too. I'm so happy with my silk comforters because I hate heavy blankets. And, I wear my two silk robes all the time. Ray had to force me to make that trip (actually he bribed me with the promise of some new mabe pearls), because I wasn't sure if I could keep up with the walking on the tour. I have to say that Ray was right, China is something everyone should visit in their lifetime.

