Saturday, September 20, 2008

 

Tina's Post: New York




We are having a great time in New York. I love everything about it and Ray is tolerating many art museums to make me happy, because the art is my favorite thing in NYC. Yesterday, we went to the Metropolitan Art Museum and MOMA. I stood in front of all the Gauguins, Klimts and Picassos I could find. Ray could not comprehend why anyone would stand in front of one picture for half an hour. I saw a huge multi-canvased Monet Waterlily, like the ones in the Tuilleries Gardens (I think) in Paris. The museums were spectacular, though Ray is not a fan of Post-Impressionism or modern art.

We saw the Broadway play "Grease" and I was amazed at how great it was. The guys were uber-sexy and the women probably were, too. You have to see it if I comes to your town. I was dancing in my seat and doing the "Hand-jive". The best part might have been the band, which was shown above everything in a "sky booth" stage. The kid with an orange and blue Mohawk is probably the best drummer I have ever seen in my life and I have seen quite a few rock concerts. Hugs to all of you. Off to Central Park or maybe we'll just wander around. (Pic 1. Tina resting outside Central Park with extreeeemly painful blisters. Pic 2. The holy grail (Gauguin Painting) which gave me strength to continue through the pain. Pic 3. A Klimt which God threw in as a bonus.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?