Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Thyroid Storm ?

This certainly has been an exciting week. Tina had her thyroid glands radiated last week hoping that the results would eliminate the many food allergies she has had since her thyroid went hyper in Austria over a year ago.
All went well at first but then she developed some rather severe symptoms such as chest pains, high blood pressure, disorientation, insomnia,heavy sweating etc.
Fortunately being an analyst at heart I told her to drink lots of gator aid and brought her to Paclabs to get a blood test even though it was not scheduled until 3 weeks from now. She had the symptoms of what is called a Thyroid Storm which is potentially fatal.
The doctor called this morning and it appears I was correct proceeding the route I took. She was put back on a thyroid medication which should help control the situation until the radiation takes full effect on her thyroid.
Hopefully things will get back to normal fairly soon.

